Our team’s experiences have gained a vast amount of skill and knowledge. We constructed this FAQ page to answer many of the frequently asked questions we were asked along the way.
- Q: I am totally new to this "website thing". How long does it take to create one?
A: Never fear, that's why we are here. You can trust our team of experts who can deliver you the best quality output in agreed estimated time. Our standard websites take approximately 5 days to create. Our E-commerce (online store) websites take approximately 30 days to create. This time will vary from project to project.
- Q: What do your websites cost?
A: Our prices vary depending on various factors, it’s impossible to say in one sentence. To get a better idea of the cost of what you want to build, give us a quick phone call or email. We’ll ask you a few questions about the nature of the site, what sort of interactivity the site will have, your graphic design needs, etc. Then we’ll be able to give you a ballpark figure. But we can assure that our price will be the best in the market. Our starting package is $199. If you’re still interested, we’ll come to your place of business and come up with a firm quote.
- Q: How does the payment process work?
A: The project starts with a 50% deposit. Once we have completed and fulfilled our scope, the final 50% is collected and your website is then scheduled for launch.
- Q: What is Static Website?
A: A static website contains web pages with fixed content. Each page is designed in HTML and displays the same information to every visitor. Static sites are the most basic type of website and are the cheapest to develop and host, and many smaller companies still use these to get a web presence.
- Q: What are the advantages of Static and Content Management Site websites?
A: Advantages of static website
• Quick to develop
• Static sites are usually built in lower development cost.
• Simple web hosting needs.
Advantages of CMS website
• Much easier to update and it will be more functional website
• extensive or full control over the content of your site without the need for knowledge of HTML, CSS or other web languages. Changes can be made at your leisure.
• SEO Friendly. Websites which update content on a regular basis gain more of a spotlight from search engines and will often rank higher in search engine results (SER) pages which is an important competitive factor for business websites.
- Q: What is E-Commerce Website?
A: Electronic commerce or e-Commerce (online shop) is a term, which is widely used to describe any type of business transaction that involves the passing of information/data over the Internet. In other words, it’s your online shop where you can sell your products and promote your brand.
- Q: Do I own my website?
A: YES! Everything that we build will be 100% owned by you. Most of our clients stay with us for the life of the website. Our team is just irresistible that way. But if for any reason you decide you want to take your site to another hosting service and get another company to service the site, we will happily assist you in making the transition as effortlessly and efficiently as possible. The website is yours after all, and we want you to take it wherever you go.
- Q: Will I have a say in the graphic design process?
A: Absolutely. Our goal is to please you. We can’t do that without your input. If there are other sites with a design style that you would like to reproduce, we can do that. If you have a logo or brand indemnity that you’d like us to work around, that’s no problem. We’ll be sure your new site will be a consistent and primary part of your overall brand.
- Q: Can I see my website while it's in progress?
A: Absolutely! In fact, we encourage it. We build your website on our development server, and provide you with a username and password so that you can log in and monitor the progress of your site. During this phase, we encourage your feedback if something isn't quite the way you envisioned it or if you've changed your mind. Once your site is ready and you have provided your approval, we release it live on your server and submit your URL to the major search engines.
- Q: What platform do you build your websites on?
A: We build all of our websites on core PHP, ASP.Net, HTML, CSS and also on the open-source Content Management System (CMS) platform.
- Q: What kind of businesses do you work with?
A: The team comes with vast experience in various domain knowledge with a broad range of company types [small start-ups, large corporations, non-profits, B2B, B2C and more] across many business industries [technology, food, apparel, health + beauty, camps, travel, finance, arts, fair trade, and more.]
- Q: Do you work with other platforms like WordPress, Magento, Joomla, Drupal?
A: Yes. We can provide expert support on all the open source platforms mentioned above. Our team can create extremely custom solutions for our clients.
- Q: Can you help me update my existing website?
A: Yes. We can assist you rebuilding / redesigning of your existing website and maintain them even it was developed by some other company.
- Q: Can you help me source photos for my website?
A: Yes. We will help you source stock photos from various sites. We also have photographers and videographers available to produce custom photography and videos for your website.
- Q: What is the best approach for content maintenance on my site?
A: KWS offers three options for maintaining and refreshing your site content. We don't care which option you choose, but we strongly encourage you to update your site regularly.
• Free – For all our customers, all the content update during the first year is absolutely free.
• The Pay as You Go Plan: Call us or email us when you need to add or make a change to your content. We'll complete your request within 48 hours, and bill you at our standard rate from 2nd year onwards. Urgent requests can generally be completed within a few hours for an additional charge.
• Content Management System (CMS): Purchase a Content Management website from KWS and make all the changes you want. Perfect if your web site requires frequent updates.
- Q: What is the process in setting up an e-commerce website?
A: First, of course, you'll need a site design and the usual functional elements of a website, such as a contact form. For standard e-commerce functionality, you will need numerous additional modules: an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificate, a back-end database for processing orders, a merchant account, storing customer information, a payment gateway and a shopping cart solution. We can help you with all of these items.
- Q: Does KWS provide web hosting and domain services?
A: Yes. We do provide web hosting and domain registration services. Just to keep everything related to website at one place making it easy for our clients to get in touch with us about anything and everything about their website.
- Q: How long does it take to build a website?
A: Our standard websites take approximately 5 days to create. Our E-commerce (online store) websites take approximately 20-30 days to create. This time will vary from project to project.
- Q: What is Shared Hosting?
A: In a shared hosting environment multiple web sites are served through a single server. Shared hosting is the most common method of hosting sites for small-to-medium size users with light to moderate Web traffic.
- Q: What are the specifications for a domain name?
A: While the total length of a domain name may be up to 63 characters, the only characters allowed are letters, digits, and the dash.